History

UBC's original Panhellenic House, first built in 1958, was demolished in January 1999. VAPA embarked on a $4 million Forever Friends Campaign that has brought all of UBC's collegiate chapters back under one roof. In addition, the new facility, completed in September 2004, houses 72 female students in a modern residential facility, minutes from the centre of campus!

The Vancouver Alumnae Panhellenic Asssociation (VAPA) is a part of the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) which consists of twenty-six women’s fraternities, and is the premier advocacy and support organization for its members, member groups, college and alumnae panhellenics and a proponent of women’s fraternity membership.

National Panhellenic Conference, founded in 1902, is an umbrella organization for 26 inter/national women's fraternities and sororities. Each member group is autonomous as a social, Greek-letter society of college women and alumnae. Members are represented on over 620 college and university campuses in the United States and Canada and in over 4,600 alumnae associations, making up over 3.6 million sorority women in the world.

Sororities came to UBC, Vancouver early in the university’s existence. Many started as local groups in the mid-1920s, but all became part of pre-established international organizations. The following NPC sorority alumnae groups can be found in Vancouver:

Delta Gamma  ΔΓ
Gamma Phi Beta  ΓΦB
Alpha Phi 
Kappa Kappa Gamma  KKΓ
Alpha Gamma Delta  AΓΔ
Kappa Alpha Theta  ΚΑΘ
Alpha Delta Pi  ΑΔΠ
Delta Phi Epsilon  ΔΦΕ
Alpha Omicron Pi AOΠ
Pi Beta Phi ΠBΦ